Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Fact Check

As I noted at 9:42 last night, Dick Cheney mistakenly called on Americans to read about Halliburton on a site called "Factcheck.com." What he actually meant was "Factcheck.org."

I found this out by checking Factcheck.com mere seconds after the Vice President told me too. There was no site registered under that name.

But guess what? I just checked the site again, at 4:07 a.m., and typing "Factcheck.com" will now take you to anti-Bush billionaire George Soros' site. That sneaky bastard went and bought the domain so Americans would be diverted from the site Cheney recommended to one he probably doesn't recommend.

Funny stuff, Mr. Soros. Kudos.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger laser cub said...

UPDATE: Hi folks. Just wanted to let you know I wrote to George Soros to ask if he bought factcheck.com to make Cheney look silly, and he responded immediately -- at 4:30 a.m, no less!

Dear laser cub,

Thank you for your email and for sharing your views regarding my message. I have received an overwhelming number of responses, and I am looking forward to responding to your comments and questions on my blog.

Regards,

George Soros

 

Post a Comment

<< Home