Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Spin Doctor Is In



Hi again. I figure everyone else is gonna go for the obvious "I Love Lucy" jokes, so I thought I'd focus on the second-most-famous Lucy. Thanks for your support.

I'm talking of course about Bill Burkett, who apparently gave CBS the phony documents, now saying he got them from someone named Lucy Ramirez. He hasn't explained who "Lucy Ramirez" is, or why he believed the crappy fakes she provided.

All I know is that this all could still be the work of Karl Rove. Have you noticed that when you re-arrange the letters in Mr. Rove's name they spell "Ramirez"? No? Okay, but still. Mr. Rove may have given them to Ms. Ramirez. She's allegedly from Houston, and we all know that President Bush has lots of friends in Houston. And of course we also know that you can never trust someone named Lucy to forge documents or hold a football.

Whatever happens next, I'm glad this is all sort of coming together. I'd still like to know how Republican bloggers with no knowledge of typography were able to blow the lid off the 60 Minutes report less than four hours after it aired. They're smart, but they aren't that smart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home