Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Suicide Blog

If you're a laser-powered baby wolf who wants to kill his own blog, there are basically two ways to go about it: trip in the woods while in mid-optic blast, or promise that your next entry will be about something you don't really feel like writing about. That's how I killed this blog for the last few weeks. I promised I would soon write about idealists who are pursuing good causes for selfish reasons, like the good feeling they get from doing good.

But with all the people in the world who aren't doing good, I don't really feel up to criticizing the motives of those who are contributing. Sure, it's a little hypocritical to give money to tsunami victims and not all the other victims of calamities in the world. But who cares? I'm more worried about the people who are outright bad than the people who are inconsistently good. Every little bit of good helps.

Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home